TitleWatch is an online title monitoring service that sends automatic email notifications when an action is detected on a Certificate of Title. It can help prevent identity fraud happening to you with immediate and quarterly updates on title changes to ownership details, mortgages, leases and caveats.
TitleWatch gives you:
- immediate alerts to tell you about changes to your Certificate of Title
- updates on the progress of any changes to your title
- quarterly updates so you are always kept informed
- 12 month coverage
TitleWatch is useful for:
- business and government to manage large title registers
- an early warning about an impending settlement, before it happens
- monitoring any Certificate of Title, not just your own.
What you need to subscribe:
- address or title number (volume and folio) or lot on plan number
- debit or credit card
- email address.
Subscribe online today
The quickest and easiest way to subscribe is online.
Find answers to your most common enquiries about TitleWatch.
TitleWatch is an online subscription service that sends automatic email notifications when an action occurs on a subscribed Certificate of Title.
An action is referring to a dealing against a Certificate of Title or an electronic advice of sale submission.
A dealing is any action against a Certificate of Title and most commonly includes changes to a proprietor, an address, mortgage details and/or encumbrances.
Electronic advice of sale, commonly known as EAS2 is an online service used by conveyancers and legal professionals to advise Water Corporation, Office of State Revenue and local government authorities of an impending property settlement.
TitleWatch will not identify an action against a subscribed Certificate of Title when a rates enquiry is completed via a manual process. This is often the case when parties involved in a property settlement are acting on their own behalf. TitleWatch will only detect an action on a subscribed Certificate of Title once a rates enquiry is completed using electronic advice of sale.
The Landgate system will check if there has been any action on a Certificate of Title twice daily, at 12 noon and 4pm. If a Certificate of Title has a TitleWatch for a single title subscription or TitleWatch for multiple titles – immediate service subscription and the action status of that Certificate of Title has changed since the last system check, Landgate will automatically send an email notification alerting you to the updated status. If the Certificate of Title has a TitleWatch for multiple titles – quarterly service subscription the action will be listed in the quarterly email update. If there has been no action on a Certificate of Title since the last system check then you will not receive an email.
To subscribe to TitleWatch for a single title you will need to enter a street address, title or survey number to find your property of interest. The Landgate system will search our records and provide a list of search results for you to review and select from.
To order TitleWatch for many different properties in the same order, search, select and add them to cart one at a time. The Multi TitleWatch option is no longer available.
You will need a current Visa or MasterCard to complete your online transaction. Please note MyLandgate subscribers can pay on account or by credit card.
The Landgate system will automatically check the Certificate of Title numbers you enter manually or those listed in your upload file when you subscribe to TitleWatch. If any Certificate of Title number is invalid or cancelled the system will advise you immediately. You will not be able to proceed with your order until the identified system error has been corrected and/or an invalid or cancelled title is removed.
As a TitleWatch for a single title subscriber you will receive four types of email notifications:
- A welcome email will be sent to you within minutes of subscribing to TitleWatch and advise you immediately whether there is an action on your subscribed Certificate of Title.
- An action email will be sent to you immediately upon an action being detected on your Certificate of Title based on the Landgate system checking frequency at 12pm and 4pm Monday to Friday.
- Three quarterly updates will be sent to inform you of the current action status of your nominated Certificate of Title.
- A renew your subscription email will be sent to you seven days prior to the expiry date of your subscription and again one day prior to expiry. Please disregard these emails if you have previously renewed your subscription.
As soon as there is an electronic advice of sale submission against a subscribed Certificate of Title or a dealing lodged on a subscribed Certificate of Title the Landgate system will immediately change its status from 'no action' to 'action'. The status of the Certificate of Title will continue to show there is an 'action' against the title when a dealing has reached any of these six notifiable states or when an electronic advice of sale submission has been made:
- submitted – when an electronic advice of sale submission has been made against a Certificate of Title.
- lodged - where documents have been lodged against a Certificate of Title.
- registered - where documents have been registered against a Certificate of Title.
- withdrawn - where documents have been lodged then withdrawn against a Certificate of Title.
- rejected - where documents have been lodged then rejected against a Certificate of Title.
- not required - where a Certificate of Title is removed from the dealing as it was not required for registration.
- cancelled - where a Certificate of Title has been cancelled and new titles created.
As a TitleWatch subscriber you can receive up to seven types of action emails to keep you informed of the current status of a dealing on your Certificate of Title. The email types include:
- the electronic advice of sale submission action email notification
- the immediate action email notification
- the registered action email notification
- the withdrawn action email notification
- the rejected action email notification
- the not required action email notification
- the cancelled certificate of title email notification
Call CustomerService on +61 (0)8 9273 7373 and request a copy of a dealing search. Please note that a fee and waiting time of up to 48 hours will apply.
As a TitleWatch subscriber the cost of the service will cover you for all immediate email notifications* and three quarterly updates that relate to a subscribed certificate of title for a 12 month period.
*Immediate email notifications are not included in the TitleWatch for multiple titles – quarterly service option.
If your TitleWatch subscription has expired and you want to continue your subscription for the same Certificate of Title numbers then you will need to create a new TitleWatch subscription.
A TitleWatch subscription relates to all subscribed Certificate of Title numbers. If you would like Landgate to monitor different Certificate of Title number(s) you will need to create a new TitleWatch subscription.
To update the email address associated with the TitleWatch subscription, log into Land Enquiry Services and use the 'Manage My Subscriptions' option from the drop-down menu in the top right.