SLIPStream March 2018
In this issue:
SLIP | How do I find the data services I need?
SLIP’s public services were updated throughout February. These updates completed the Machinery of Government changes and migration of data from SLIP Classic.
To find the SLIP data you need:
- search through data.wa.gov.au (you can also find SLIP data services bundled together as groups on data.wa.gov.au, including OGC WMS/WFS, Esri REST services and data download packages)
- visit Landgate’s website for information on SLIP’s subscription services.
For advice on using SLIP and supplying data, we have redeveloped the DataWA Toolkit as the one place to find helpful documentation, videos, guides, tips, tricks, and FAQs.
SLIP users can check layer and data service details in the data.wa.gov.au catalogue. For example: https://catalogue.data.wa.gov.au/dataset/cadastre-polygons-lgate-082
We welcome your feedback. If you are experiencing any issues with SLIP, please let us know through our feedback form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe for SLIP notifications
You can also view further information about the whole DataWA service on this page including service interruptions, service changes, real-time updates and historical data on system performance.
Whenever possible, SLIP maintenance is scheduled outside business hours to minimise the impact of any outages. If there are any unforeseeable outages, every effort is made to get things running again as soon as possible.
Reduce data costs | Capture WA program
The Capture WA program – available to all state and local government agencies – aims to maximise sharing of our location assets across the state of WA and reduce duplication.
Data captured through Capture WA can include:
- aerial photography and ortho-imagery
- satellite imagery
- topographic data
- 3D surveys
- any other type of spatial data that you need captured.
The program enables WA public sector agencies to save money by:
- combining our buying power across government to secure the best value services
- avoiding duplication of effort and costs by sharing the data and information collected – ensuring Intellectual Property remains with the state,
- providing a flexible range of options for procurement, including access to the latest technology for data capture.
Through the program, some funds are available for the capture of critical location information assets where common needs are identified across multiple agencies. The Capture WA program is open for requests until 29 March 2018. Please submit data acquisition requests in the online Capture WA Register or contact email@example.com for further information.
For more information on the program, visit www.spur.wa.gov.au/better-business/capture-wa or contact the Capture WA team on (08) 9273 7093.
These upcoming GIS and spatial data events may interest you:
- Locate18-GeoSmart Asia 2018, Adelaide, 8-11 April 2018
- 7th Digital Earth Summit, El Jadida Morocco, 17-19 April 2018
- FME World Tour, Canberra, Melbourne and Perth, 1-10 May 2018
- Perth Data Science Week (formerly Perth Big Data Week), Perth, 14-18 May 2018
If you have a data-related event that you would like to promote, please email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All SLIP-related events are listed in the SLIP event calendar.
A big thank you to the agencies that have recently made new datasets available on DataWA:
Department of Water and Environmental Regulation
Western Swamp Tortoise Habitat
2003 Western Swamp Tortoise Policy Boundary
Kwinana - Atmospheric Waste Miscellaneous Areas
Kwinana - Atmospheric Waste Policy Boundary
Peel Inlet - Harvey Estuary
If you have any queries regarding the data updates, please get in touch at email@example.com.