Strata guides and FAQs
The following PDF guides were made available by Landgate in 2020 to support industry and the community with the reforms that were made to WA’s strata legislation.
- A guide to strata titles
A comprehensive guide offering a summary of WA strata titles law.
- Guide to resolving strata disputes
A step-by-step guide to help you navigate through common strata issues.
- Guide to termination of WA strata schemes
A summary of the process for terminating a strata titles scheme.
- Guide to consolidating by-laws
A key resource for people needing to understand changes to by-laws.
- Transitional guide for strata titles scheme lodgements
A guide for surveyors and conveyancers to explain what changes are required to the lodgement and registration of plans and associated documents for strata titles schemes.
WA’s strata law changed on 1 May 2020 to create a clearer, fairer and more modern strata framework.
Visit WA’s home to strata reform - strata.wa.gov.au - to learn more about what changed and for FAQs relating to:
- Strata manager periodic return
- Strata overview
- Buyer information and seller disclosure
- Real estate agents and conveyancers
- Strata management
- Strata managers
- Dispute resolution and the State Administrative Tribunal (SAT)
- A fairer process for scheme termination
- Introducing leasehold strata
- Development, subdivision and planning
- Strata developers
- Strata forms and guides