What improvements are considered in the calculation of the UV?
Unimproved Value (UV) reflects what the land would be expected to sell for in its current condition. For land within the metropolitan area and regional townsites, the UV includes any work undertaken, or materials used, to improve the physical nature of the land to prepare it for development such as:
- Clearing vegetation on the land
- Picking up and removing stones
- Works to manage or remedy contamination
- Restoring, rehabilitating or improving the land’s surface by filling, grading or levelling
- Reclaiming land by draining or filling, including retaining walls and other works for the reclamation
- Underground drainage
- Any other works done to the land that are necessary to improve or prepare it for development.