SPUR Location Grants Program
Apply now for SPUR Location Grants 2022
If you would like to apply for the 2022 SPUR Location Grants program, click on the button below to get started:
About the Program
Welcome to the SPUR Location Grants Program.
Landgate’s SPUR Location Grants Program is a collaborative Western Australian (WA) Government initiative, designed to leverage the State’s location information and deliver value to the land sector.
In 2022, Landgate is proud to announce its partner agencies are:
- Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation
- Department of Finance
- Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries
- Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage
- Small Business Development Corporation
$25,000 in grant funding will be allocated to up to five eligible candidates.
General Grant category applicants must demonstrate their proposal is innovative and explain how it leverages the State’s location information and delivers value to the land sector. This could be through:
- data management and modelling
- information sharing and collaboration
- improved operational efficiency (e.g. process automation)
- emerging digital technologies (e.g. digital twin or smart city capability).
First Nations Grant category applicants must demonstrate their project is culturally significant and explain how it uses place-based information to deliver value to the land sector. This could be through:
- cultural mapping activities
- ranger programs
- on-country programs
- other areas of interest specific to Aboriginal-Owned Corporations
Along with financial support, successful candidates will attend targeted information sessions delivered by each partnering agency. The information sessions provide invaluable networking opportunities and assistance to better engage with WA government data and procurement processes. It is worth noting that previous cohorts consistently identified networking among the most valuable program component.
Applications open 1 June until 31 July 2022.
What does the SPUR Location Grants Program provide?
The program can assist the early adoption of emerging technology, products and services developed in WA.
Landgate is working with its partner agencies to offer grants under two categories:
- One First Nations candidate
- Four WA based small businesses or start-ups
Successful applicants will each receive:
- $25,000 grant funding
- information sessions from Landgate and partnering agencies to help them work more effectively with government
We continue to build on the success of the program
These success stories showcase some of the start‑ups and small businesses supported to date.
Landgate actively supports small businesses and start-ups working with location and place‑based information in WA. A broad range of industries are represented across the SPUR Grants Program, including agriculture, construction, legal, transport and property.
|What is happening||When is it happening|
|Applications open||1 June 2022|
|Information session for interested applicants||3 June 2022|
|Applications close||31 July 2022|
|Pitch event||16 September 2022|
|Successful applicants announced||Late 2022|
Information sessions - Partner Agencies
SPUR Location Grants Program Help
Contact our customer service team for further support.
Find out about Landgate and WA Government location data at data.wa.gov.au.