SPUR Location Technology Accelerator Program
About the Accelerator Program
Welcome to the SPUR Location Technology Accelerator Program (Accelerator program).
Building on the success of the SPURonWA grant program, Landgate is partnering with Department of Finance; Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries; DevelopmentWA; and Curtin University to provide a unique Accelerator program to support ideas that can change the way we work.
Are you working with location data with a focus in the spatial technology space and have an innovative idea? If you are you should apply for the SPUR Location Technology Accelerator Program.
Check out SPURonWA grant success stories for the ideas we have supported so far.
What can you expect out of the SPUR Accelerator Program?
- We will offer grant funding of $25 000 to up to six candidates who are using location data in new ways.
- You will attend information sessions on working with WA Government. These sessions will be run by Landgate; Department of Finance; DevelopmentWA; and Department of Local Government Sports and Cultural Industries. The sessions will provide information on location data types, data visualisation tools and procurement policies and processes not currently available through any single source.
- You will have access to government geospatial expertise for the 6-month grant period.
Landgate and our partnering agencies will mentor successful applicants for the grant period.
What we want to see
This year we want to support small to medium enterprises, tech start-ups , emerging businesses, researchers, and not for profit organisations who are working with location data. Through the Accelerator program we aim to support small to medium enterprises, tech start-ups , emerging businesses, researchers, and not for profit organisations who are working with location data.
We are seeking applicants that can deliver outcomes that support land and property functions using location data and emerging technology.
Some examples of new technology using location data include:
- 3D and 4D data management and modelling
- digital twin technology
- smart city technology.
We will be focussed on applications that can demonstrate how ideas harness location datasets to deliver improvements to the land and property sector through:
- data management and modelling
- information sharing and collaboration
- improved operational efficiency (e.g. process automation)
- emerging digital technologies (e.g. digital twin or smart city capability)
SPUR Location Data Technology Accelerator Program Guidelines
There are three grant types available, each with different eligibility criteria. For grant specific information, read the following guidelines:
Sound like something you are working towards and need to know more? Read the General FAQs.
Ready to apply?
|What is happening||When is it happening|
|Applications open||1 September 2020|
|Applications close||25 September 2020|
|Short listing||26 September - 9 October 2020|
|Pitch event||14-16 October 2020|
|Successful applicants announced||10 November 2020|
|Information sessions||16-27 November 2020|
|Mentor period||16 November 2020 - 30 April 2021|
SPUR Accelerator Help
Find out about Landgate and WA Government location data at data.wa.gov.au.