Standards and guidelines
Standards are the key to geodetic system integrity
Landgate complies with the Standard for the Australian Survey Control Network V2.1 for the delivery of the states geodetic network. Stakeholder contributions to the geodetic network must also comply with these standards.
Copies of standards and guidelines can be downloaded from links below.
- Standard for the Australian Survey Control Network (Special Publication 1 v2.1) [PDF 0.5MB]
- Guideline for Installation and Documentation of Survey Control Marks (Special Publication 1 v2.1) [PDF 0.9MB]
- Guideline for Adjustment and Evaluation of Survey Control (Special Publication 1 v2.1) [PDF 0.8MB]
- Guideline for Control Surveys by GNSS (Special Publication 1 v2.1) [PDF 0.9MB]
- Guideline for Control Surveys by Differential Levelling (Special Publication 1 v2.1) [PDF 0.6MB]
- Guideline for Conventional Traverse Surveys (Special Publication 1 v2.1) [PDF 0.7MB]
- Landgate Requirements for Placement of Standard Survey Marks (SSMs) [PDF 0.3MB]
- Landgate Requirements for GNSS Geodetic Surveys [PDF 0.6MB]
- Landgate Requirements for Vertical Control by Differential Levelling [PDF 0.2MB]
- Landgate Requirements for Refurbishment of Geodetic Marks [PDF 0.2MB]
- Landgate Differential Levelling Abstract [EXCEL 1.4MB] We have updated our differential levelling abstract to automate data import and population of formulae. This version of the abstract is also able to automatically source geodetic mark and reference mark details from GESMAR via SLIP (account required). Sample files of the available field data import formats are available here: Sample1, Sample2 and Sample3.
For more information, contact a member of the Survey Services team.
- Phone +61 (0)8 9273 7111.
- Email email@example.com