There is vast untapped potential in the hundreds of datasets that government generates through its day-to-day operations. Providing public access to this data unlocks opportunities to solve problems in new ways, and support new data-driven businesses in Western Australia.
The aim of the WA whole of government open data policy is to improve the management and use of public sector data to deliver value and benefit to Western Australia.
Landgate leads the implementation of the WA open data policy through Data WA working in close partnership with Department of the Premier and Cabinet, Office of Digital Government who are the owners of the open data policy.
The Data WA team at Landgate works in collaboration with the public sector and data communities to:
- provide the Data WA portal, the whole-of-government data discovery platform
- improve data sharing and access through collaboration and engagement with data communities and WALIS
- assist agencies to make their data discoverable through the Data WA catalogue
- grow data discovery and use of Data WA through communication, promotion and stakeholder education
- provide guidance and enable data standards to support automated system interoperability and good data management practices through WALIS, ICSM and ANZLIC.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved