First Nations Grant Guidelines
The First Nations grant is open to:
- small businesses
- not for profit organisations
You must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, or an Aboriginal-Owned business or Corporation, to apply for this category.
Your business must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- registered and operating in Western Australia (must be a legal entity, with ABN/ACN)
- not a previous Landgate SPUR Grant recipient
- actual or forecasted revenue of less than $1,000,000 per annum
- able to obtain appropriate insurance
- not publicly listed or representing a government agency
- provide either:
- proof of Aboriginality from a recognised entity
- evidence of eligibility for / registration on either the Aboriginal Business directory WA or Supply Nation Indigenous Business Direct
- demonstrate how your project/product/service:
- is culturally significant
- includes place-based information
- adds value to the land sector
- is supported by a project plan
- achieves outcomes for:
- cultural mapping activities
- ranger programs
- on-country programs
- other areas of interest specific to Aboriginal-Owned Corporations
If you are shortlisted, you will need to be available to pitch your idea in person. Recipients will be required to attend information sessions in WA.
Before applying it is recommended that you review the sample funding agreement.
Ready to apply?
SPUR Location Grants Program Help
More questions before you start?
Contact our customer service team for further support.
Find out about Landgate and WA Government location data at data.wa.gov.au.
Follow Landgate on Facebook and LinkedIn to keep up to date.