SPUR Location Technology Accelerator Program
About the Accelerator Program
Welcome to the SPUR Location Technology Accelerator Program.
Landgate is partnering with Department of Finance; Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries; DevelopmentWA; and Curtin University to provide a program that supports ideas to change the way we work.
Applications are finalised for the 2020 SPUR Location Technology Accelerator Program.
Congratulations to this year’s winners’ we look forward to supporting your ideas in the 2020 program.
Landgate’s previous SPURonWA grant program success stories show the start-ups and small businesses supported so far.
What does the SPUR Accelerator Program provide?
- Grant funding of $25 000 for up to six candidates who are using location data in new ways
- Information sessions run by Landgate; Department of Finance; DevelopmentWA; and Department of Local Government Sports and Cultural Industries, providing an opportunity to learn more about working with WA Government.
- A networking program over 6-months that aligns your idea with participating agencies connecting successful applicants with the right people to talk to.
In 2020 our focus was
Supporting small to medium enterprises, tech start-ups, emerging businesses, researchers, and not for profit organisations who are working with location data. Through the Accelerator program we are supporting small to medium enterprises, tech start-ups, emerging businesses, researchers, and not for profit organisations who are working with location data.
Successful applicants in our 2020 program will deliver outcomes that support land and property functions using location data and emerging technology.
Some examples of new technology using location data include:
- 3D and 4D data management and modelling
- digital twin technology
- smart city technology.
We focussed on applications that could demonstrate how ideas harness location datasets to deliver improvements to the land and property sector through:
- data management and modelling
- information sharing and collaboration
- improved operational efficiency (e.g. process automation)
- emerging digital technologies (e.g. digital twin or smart city capability)
|What is happening||When is it happening|
|Applications open||1 September 2020|
|Applications close||25 September 2020|
|Short listing||26 September - 9 October 2020|
|Pitch event||14-16 October 2020|
|Successful applicants announced||10 November 2020|
|Information sessions||16-27 November 2020|
|Mentor period||16 November 2020 - 30 April 2021|
SPUR Accelerator Help
Find out about Landgate and WA Government location data at data.wa.gov.au.