Application for discount
Under the Land Information Authority Act 2006, Landgate is able approve the provision of goods and services at a reduced charge, to a person who meets all of the following criteria:
- Has functions of a public nature; and
- Where the use is for education, research, community or regional benefit; and
- Agrees to comply with any conditions of use imposed.
Where specifying use for education, research, community or regional benefit, Landgate will not typically approve a reduction unless a customer’s function and intended use is linked to a Western Australian State Government policy, priority or initiative, or has significant benefit to the State of Western Australia.
There are a number of common requests received that do not automatically qualify for a price reduction, such as:
- Requests from organisations that undertake not for profit activities (e.g. sporting bodies, social clubs and special interests groups), but are not endorsed as operating under a Western Australian State Government program or initiative.
- Requests from non W.A. based Government Agencies, including Agencies and elected members of the Commonwealth Government;
- Requests from Non W.A. based universities.